Child critically injured by pet snake
The Seattle P-I reports that an 8-year-old girl in Irwin, Pennsylvania, was critically injured yesterday by the family's 10-foot long Burmese python. The snake, one of five large constrictors the family owns, had gotten out of its pen. The girl's mother found her dauther unconscious with the snake wrapped around her neck. Paramedics reported no heart beat when they arrived. Breathing and heart beat were restored in the ambulance, but the child remains unconscious at Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh.