Why you should give Flayrah the 2011 Ursa Major Award
Posted by GreenReaper (Laurence Parry) on Thu 12 Jan 2012 - 08:37
- In 2011, Flayrah's contributors posted an average of seven stories a week, plus over 450 newsbytes. The only other furry information source with close to that level of non-fiction coverage is WikiFur – which you're welcome to nominate as well, in the Websites category!
- Flayrah's staff have spent time and effort rooting out and reporting on items of public interest, from the NHL's bumping of Anthrocon to FA's use of VigLink and staffing issues. We also provided many hard-hitting stories in 2010 (a year in which we were ineligible for an award).
- Last year we greatly expanded our opinion coverage, reviewing material covered nowhere else, while keeping an eye on crime and science.
- Unlike most furry magazines, Flayrah also provides a vibrant venue to debate current issues. Over 4300 comments were posted last year.
- Flayrah is a not-for-profit endeavour; its content is provided at no cost to over 15,000 visitors a month, and freely licensed to Google News, Furry News Network and various podcasts and social networks.
If you plan to nominate us, please tell your friends about Flayrah as well, perhaps by linking a few of your favourite pieces. Every little helps!