- Fur Affinity account
- Twitter account
- Full name
- Patch Packrat
- San Francisco, CA
San Francisco Bay Area on-the-scene reporter. I aim for the cutting edge where subculture meets other subcultures, sparks media buzz, and turns heads in public. I support creators, dreamers, fierce individuals, and anything fabulous and furry.
Elsewhere: film maker, animator for TV and movies, and college animation instructor. Book dealer, interactive media publisher, and entrepeneur. Road biker, fursuiter, and unconditional hugger.
Expect assertive stories with bold claims and jaunty opinions. I call fursuiting "the theatrical soul of furriness," and it's most original product, that liberates personal expression by playing with identity and absurdity. Most of all, street fursuiting is where the magic is.
“The child intuitively comprehends that although these stories are unreal, they are not untrue ...”
- Bruno Bettelheim, The Uses of Enchantment: The Meaning and Importance of Fairy Tales (1976)
"All the World's a stage" comes from the melancholy Jacques in Shakespeare's play As You Like It. It is a sigh of lament at life's meaninglessness. Can the experience of children suggest, on the contrary, that the play of existence is precisely what makes life meaningful?"
- John Wall, theoretical ethicist (2011)
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
- Oscar Wilde, The Critic as Artist (1904)
- Member for
- 1 year 41 weeks
- Not the Pet Shop Boys... two extreme death metal bands with animal vocalists
- "Pseudo-furry" videos raise questions about pop culture and Furry fandom
- Where are the plant-based fursuiters?
- 'The Last Unicorn' screening tour in Southern California
- Furries share worries about pay-dating fraud: spotlight on FurFling.com
- GaymerX convention a hit for furries, gamers, gay and "geek culture"
- Questions for Russian furry fans about anti-gay oppression
- Furries at San Francisco Pride 2013
- Furs invited to GaymerX, the first gaming con with a gay twist
- Fans answer call for fursuit-maker reviews, but room for improvement remains
- Received on comments
- 2.94 (622 votes)2.943729903537
- Received on submissions
- 3.37 (226 votes)3.3716814159292
|5 stars: 37% (228)|
4 stars: 11% (67)
3 stars: 5% (32)
2 stars: 5% (32)
1 star: 42% (263)
|5 stars: 37% (84)|
4 stars: 17% (38)
3 stars: 14% (32)
2 stars: 10% (22)
1 star: 22% (50)