2010 April Fools
Posted by GreenReaper (Laurence Parry) on Fri 2 Apr 2010 - 00:00 —
Edited as of Sat 3 Apr 2010 - 16:10
If you're curious about the accuracy of yesterday's reporting, read on . . .
For the record:
- The report from the Onion is pure satire, as usual
- The story about PafCon is true as far as it goes (I don't know if the con exists, but the flyers and site do exist)
- The Beaver did change its name, but not to North American Pussy – the point was to get away from being a sexual innuendo, of which they were perfectly aware
- Fur Affinity didn't announce a new feature; however, they do have real security vulnerabilities that work as described in the article (which I told them about); perhaps fortunately, there really is no easy way to delete your whole account
- Furry to Furry probably isn't removing their most popular features, though the report is based on a real administrative message
- Similarly, people really were turning into floofs in Furcadia yesterday, but this was by design
The things we didn't cover:
- Rabbit Valley is now Coyote Valley
- Anti-Furry Coalition seizes Yiffy International
- Crush! Yiff! Destroy! acquired by Vivisector (though we might now, as they claim it's true)
- Nexxus fires Reyedog, takes back FurNation
- DutchPaw closes their doors
- fchan redirects all boards to /f/ (female)
- Furry Teens makes all regular users administrators
- Analogues ran a broken two and a half minute loop for twenty-five minutes.
About the authorGreenReaper (Laurence Parry) — read stories — contact (login required)
a developer, editor and Kai Norn from London, United Kingdom, interested in wikis and computers
Small fuzzy creature who likes cheese & carrots. Founder of WikiFur, lead admin of Inkbunny, and Editor-in-Chief of Flayrah.
Post new comment