Vote to choose the mascot of the 2015 Pan American Games
|1) a Maple-leaf headed beaver||2) a moose||3) a multi-colour owl|
|4) a porcupine with multi-color quills||5) a raccoon||6) twins wearing hats|
A single vote may be made from a single email address once per day. However, the public vote only forms 10% of the final score, which is also based on whether the design:
- embodies the spirit and values of the competition (30%)
- is original, colourful, and representative of the brand (20%)
- has "strong kid appeal" (20%)
- is reflective of the city, province and country (10%), and
- is acceptable for commercial reproduction (10%)
These weightings were also used to select the finalists, with focus group feedback substituted for the public vote. [Official rules.]
The judging panel consisted of seven Toronto 2015 staff, including representatives from marketing and communications, sponsorship and community outreach, and cultural affairs.
Some of the more "unique" entries included:
Entries were based on teamwork, with groups of two to six schoolchildren involved in each submission.
The Games are to be held July 10–26, 2015 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and its environs. Their mascot will be unveiled July 17.
Pick a winner: Have your own say on the top finalist in our poll