Penn. 'daddyfur' charged with teen contact
40-year-old Pennsylvanian Alan David Berlin — known as Alan T. Panda, Furrypanda and Alan Panda Bear — was charged this Thursday with unlawful contact with a minor (related to involuntary deviate sexual intercourse); a first-degree felony punishable by up to 20 years in prison and a $25,000 fine. He has also been accused of five related second-degree and third-degree felonies. He is being held in Dauphin County Jail on $250,000 bail.
Alan, who lives in Carlisle, PA, allegedly chatted with the 15-year-old over the past two months, with discussions including the proposal that he travel to the boy's home in Harrisburg and that they have sex in the back yard while his parents slept. The complaint also mentioned requests for nude photos and suggestions of a meeting between the boy and another adult, with offers of a hotel room if Berlin could take pictures of them having sex.
On pounced.org (a personals site for furries aged over 18), Alan described himself as a "Daddyfur" and "Caretaker" — terms used in the babyfur community for those participating as grown-up characters in roleplaying involving younger characters. Wolf and cat fursuits were found in his apartment, and it is alleged that they were used to solicit the boy.
Alan was a legislative researcher for Pennsylvania senator and Republican whip Jane Orie for two years, until fired yesterday. He had held jobs with the senate since 1993. According to his journal, he has a Bachelor's in Sacred Music, and worked as his local church's Director of Music for 17 years before being fired last July.
|Berlin, using the screen name "alan_panda_bear", allegedly discussed dressing up in animal costumes, and engaging in various sex acts with the boy. — Tom Corbett, PA Attorney General|
|It's one thing to be interested in the furry culture, it's another thing to make arrangements to have sex with a teenage boy. This is not online fantasy or anything like that. This is real solicitation to have sexual contact with a boy and you can't do that. — AG spokesman Nils Frederiksen|
- ↑ ACT-13 OF 1997 Mandatory Abuse Report Instruction Sheet, p. 2 - "[a person] engages in deviate sexual intercourse with a complainant . . . who is less than 16 years of age and the person is four or more years older than the complainant and the complainant and person are not married to each other."
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Attorney General Corbett announces arrest of Internet predator accused of using animal costumes to sexually proposition teenage boy - Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General (May 29, 2009)
- ↑ Looking for a Babyfur for a Long-Term Committed Relationship [cached copy] - Alan T. Panda on pounced.org (April 2, 2009)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Pennsylvania Senate staffer sought panda sex with teen - 680 News/Associated Press (May 29, 2009)
- ↑ Orie aide accused of soliciting teen for 'furry' sex - Tracie Mauriello, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Harrisburgh Bureau (May 30, 2009)
- ↑ Ugh ... - furrypanda (August 27, 2008)
- ↑ Church register [cached copy] - First United Chirch of Christ
- ↑ Pa. Senate Aide Allegedly Wanted Sex With Teen (May 29, 2009)
About the authorGreenReaper (Laurence Parry) — read stories — contact (login required)
a developer, editor and Kai Norn from London, United Kingdom, interested in wikis and computers
Small fuzzy creature who likes cheese & carrots. Founder of WikiFur, lead admin of Inkbunny, and Editor-in-Chief of Flayrah.
Post new comment