Furry short fiction anthology 'What Happens Next' due July
Fred Patten, the editor of Best in Show: Fifteen Years of Outstanding Furry Fiction (Sofawolf Press, July 2003; republished as Furry!); Already Among Us: An Anthropomorphic Anthology (Legion Printing, June 2012); and The Ursa Major Awards Anthology: A Tenth Anniversary Celebration (FurPlanet Productions, June 2012), will have a new anthology published by FurPlanet go on sale at Anthrocon 2013.
What Happens Next: An Anthology of Sequels presents eleven new stories by fan-favorite Furry authors featuring their popular characters:
- M. C. A. Hogarth and her Alysha Forrest
- Brock Hoagland and his Perissa and Maelith
- Kevin Frane (Rikoshi) and his Iolite League
- Kristin Fontaine and the crew of the interstellar freighter Tai-Pan
- Michael Payne and Cluny, the sorceress squirrel with Crocker, her human familiar
- Jenner and Dr. Benjamin Rat, M.B., B.S. D.R.A.N.Z.C.O.G. F.R.A.C.G.P.
- Kyell Gold and a new tale of Argaea
- Elizabeth McCoy and her feline centauroid Kintarans
- Chas. P. A. Melville and his Felicia, the Vixen Sorceress
- Ken Pick and his Brigit Bunny on the planet of the foxlike Thalendri
- and Roz Gibson and her Jack Salem
All stories are illustrated, by eleven different artists. The cover is by Sara Miles (Caribou), illustrating Kyell Gold’s story, “Sibling Rivalry”. Get it at the FurPlanet table at Anthrocon 2013, or order it from the FurPlanet online store, for $19.95.
Every story has one, but that can't stop us from wanting more. In the best stories, life goes on after the last page of the story, behind the curtain. Most of the time that future is hidden from us, forever unknowable.
We've made this book the rare exception that lets you peel back the veil and peer into the future. We've brought together eleven of the best authors in the fandom, both old and new. [...] They've all created amazing worlds that live on in our imaginations. The exploits of our favorite characters, famous and infamous, are not over.
We've all asked this question in vain before, but now you'll know: What Happens Next? (back cover blurb)