Ursa Majors 2022 Nominees Announced - Voting Open for March
Posted by Sonious (Tantroo McNally) on Wed 1 Mar 2023 - 20:40 —
Edited by dronon as of Sat 4 Mar 2023 - 14:37
The annual Ursa Major Awards have announced their nominees for 2022. Voting has opened and will be held until the end of March. The new category of Music has five nominations. The Best Fursuit category did not have enough nominations to be run this year.
The nominees are listed below. More details around publication and links to more information of each nominee can be found on the Ursa Major's website voting page.
Best Motion Picture
- DC League of Super-Pets (Warner Bros.)
- Puss in Boots: The Last Wish (Dreamworks, Universal)
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sega, Marza, Blue, Paramount)
- The Bad Guys (Dreamworks, Universal)
- Turning Red (Pixar, Disney)
Best Dramatic Short Works
- Horns (FattyDragonite)
- The Legend of Pipi (Julia Schoel, Birgit Uhlig)
- Monkey Wrench - The Ghost Egg (Zeurel)
- Tales From Scorchwater Valley - The Rhino and the Redbill (Alex Henderson)
- Tales of Zale - Flickering Lights (Sif Savery)
Best Dramatic Series
- Bluey (Ludo, ABC, BBC, Disney)
- Helluva Boss (VivziePop) (Mature audiences)
- The Owl House (Disney)
- Tuca & Bertie (Tornante, Netflix) (Mature audiences)
- Zootopia+ (Disney)
- A Furry Faux Paw - by Jessica Kara
- Brothers At Arms - by R.A. Meenan (The Zyearth Chronicles Book 2)
- Mouse Cage - by Malcolm F. Cross
- Scars of the Golden Dancer - by NightEyes DaySpring (Mature audiences)
- Toledot - by Madison Scott-Clary (Post-Self Cycle Book 2)
Best Short Fiction
- Bears & Bravery - by Gre7g Luterman
- Draught Horse - by Huskyteer (in ROAR: Volume 11)
- Null - by Elise Zoe Heider (Mature audiences)
- The Otter's Wings - by Mary E. Lowd
- The Swift-Footed Darling of the Rocks (Do NOT Actually Call Me That) - by Marie Croke
Best General Literary Work
- Circles: Volume 4 - by Steve Domanski and Andrew French
- ROAR: Volume 11 - Edited by Ian Madison Keller
- Usagi Yojimbo Origins - by Stan Saki
- Usagi Yojimbo (Trade Paperback) - by Stan Sakai
- When the World Was Young: A Prehistoric Anthology - edited by Madison Scott-Clary
Best Non-Fiction Work
- Art, Furries, God - by Patricia Taxxon
- Furries & The Ethics of Cringe Culture - by Kurtis Connor
- Furry Fiction: The Squishy Edges and the Heart - by Mary E. Lowd
- Ursa Major's Issue - Confident self-promotion vs humble passionate skill, and a voting system's favoritism - by Sonious
- Who Runs The Internet? Furries - by Dylan Reeve
Best Graphic Story
- Slightly Damned - by Chu
- Sonic the Hedgehog - (IDW Publishing Issues 48 - 55)
- Usagi Yojimbo - by Stan Sakai
- Usagi Yojimbo: Lone Goat & Kid - by Stan Sakai
- The Whiteboard: Sherlock Holmes - by Doc N
Best Comic Strip
- Carry On - by Kathy Garrison Kellog
- Duncan & Eddie - by Chevril
- Foxes in Love
- Part Time Dragons
- The Whiteboard - by Doc N
- Deep Sky Anchor, edited by Mary E. Lowd
- Dogpatch Press, edited by Patch Packrat
- Flayrah, edited by GreenReaper, Sonious, and Dronon
- InFurNation, edited by Rod O'Riley
- Zooscape, edited by Mary E. Lowd
- Dragon Party - by Ais05 (Mature audiences)
- Jedit Ojanen, Mercenary - by Caraid
- Wind Watcher - by https://jaca.to/ ">Jacato
- Space Boy - by Wildering (Mature audiences)
- Cult of the Lamb (Massive Monster, Devolver Digital)
- Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series (Monkey Craft, Bandai Namco)
- Lookouts (ParanoidHawk, ColDoggo, Itch.io)
- Stray (BlueTwelve, Annapurna)
- Tunic (Andrew Shouldice, Finji)
- e621, art archive (Mature audiences)
- Fluffle, reverse image search
- Fur Affinity, art and story site (Mature audiences)
- Kemono Café, webcomic hosting
- Wikifur, reference
Best Anthropomorphic Music
- Another Railway Day - by Nonnie
- Can Opener's Notebook Fish Whisperer - by Vylet Pony
- Cute Cervid Vol. 1 - by Cute Cervid (various artists)
- idaidaida - by ida deerz
- Visiting Narcissa - by Patricia Taxxon
Best Anthropomorphic Fursuit
Category not running for 2022 due to insufficient interest.
About the authorSonious (Tantroo McNally) — read stories — contact (login required)
a project coordinator and Kangaroo from CheektRoowaga, NY, interested in video games, current events, politics, writing and finance
YES! YES! YES!
No fucking Avatar!
The times, they are a changing.
Wow. Also no Pokemon.
Yeah, they are.
Just look at the top three categories. We had an embarrassment of riches in 2022.
Well, whatever happens here, I just want to say for next year, I hope the Mario movie doesn't get nominated. Not because "Screw Illumination" or "Screw Chris Pratt," but because the Mario games have almost never really made a presence in the awards, so the movie getting on there would feel weird. Only game semi-related to that universe is Donkey Konga. Evene then, Donkey Kong games are surprisingly sparse from the awards as well.
Ursa Major Awards 2022 Nominees: It's wonderful to see the diverse range of talent and creativity within the furry community represented in this year's Ursa Major Awards nominees. Spanning various categories, from motion pictures to novels and even music, it's clear that anthropomorphic art and storytelling continue to thrive and evolve.
As a furry enthusiast, I am particularly excited to see the inclusion of new music and dramatic short works categories, showcasing the growth of the community in previously unexplored directions. The absence of the Best Fursuit category this year is unfortunate, but it's a reminder that we must continue to promote and support all aspects of our community to ensure they flourish.
The impact of this year's nominees on the furry community is immense, as they encourage further creativity and inspire new artists and storytellers to join and contribute their talents. It's essential to evaluate each nominee not only for their entertainment value but also for their ability to push the boundaries of what it means to be anthropomorphic art.
By critiquing and comparing the works across various categories, we can gain a deeper understanding of the themes and narratives that resonate within the community and promote those that best represent our values and aspirations. Remember, every vote counts, so let's support our favorites and celebrate the incredible achievements of our fellow furries!
Thank you for your kind and hopeful words.
As far as the fursuit section goes, it may be better that fursuit creators add their creation to the recommended list and document the necessary information. Then people can use the recommended list to nominate more easily then recalling which fursuits debuted in which year.
Information for fursuits is hard to come by. Usually only the creator and commissioner know when they were created. So it's going to require awareness for creators to push to have their works recommended for nomination. There isn't good publication information as there is with works of art and written published works to utilize for qualification.
Furries tend to be humble, but ironically the fursuit catagory is going to probably require our fursuit makers to get a little flaunty.
A bit sad I didn't make the cut for the first ever music award, but happy to see it finally being recognized :)
I'm a different furry with different opinions.
Debut Album out now go stream it plz
Post new comment